Thursday, March 17, 2011

One little snowman.

It is so hard to believe that March is already half-way over! This new year is flying by too fast. I think that happens more when you're an adult. As a kid, time drags between breaks from school and important events. As an adult, sometimes life is a bit too busy to recognize when a "I'll give you a call sometime next week." will slide right into a "Crap. I was supposed to call you three weeks ago."

Since we only have a 3 days of Winter days left, I wanted to rush over and post my Winter door decor before it was too late and I change it! Because the door is a total wreck, I am showing just the close-up I took of the snowman wreath I made a few years ago. I got the snowman and the ribbon (I think.) at A.C. Moore for cheap. The rest of the wreath is just the basic round shape with the same snowflake ribbon wrapped around it. I kept it simple. When I bought him to put on the wreath, I jokingly named Mr. Flakes. Normal people totally name inanimate objects, right? I suppose I can't be blamed entirely. He has quite a lot of character.


A bit of good news regarding the disgusting door is that the office says they will be replacing my door with a new four-panel steel door this Spring! (The downside is it will be painted the same gross hunter green, and the new door will have a half-moon window at the top. I'm not a fan of that style as, to me, it seems so dated. Oh well!) I will probably have to be a smidge obnoxious about pressing to make it actually happen, but I am up for the task. Be gone, rusty/pockmarked door!

2 comments: